I can't believe that another decade has ended!
It seems like yesterday that everyone was in panic mode over Y2K!
People always say
"What do you hope to accomplish in the NEXT 10 years?"
In the year 2000 I said things like...
- finally graduate from college (it took me 10 years!)
- end my terrible relationship and find my TRUE love
- start my career as a professional writer
- continue my career as a singer
- MAKE MORE MONEY
- get out of debt
- settle down in life
- move back to Nashville (TN)
So, let's see... I completed most of the things on my list and then some
Although there are some of those things that I'm STILL working on!
(I married my TRUE love!)
(this is just too funny...)
I've gone from being a single woman in my 20's to
being a married woman in my 30's with a little girl.
(waiting to deliver my baby girl...)
(holding her for the first time...)
I've sacrificed my career as a singer,
my extension of college (I wanted to get my Masters Degree),
and my love of the South.
I went back to Nashville, then to Florida, back to Nashville once or twice,
then BACK to Florida, back to Memphis and now here I am
Whoa! That was never in my 10 year plan!
But... I am happy.
I've learned to create a new career for myself
with the time that I do have being a stay-at-home mom.
I've learned responsibility...more than I can sometimes handle.
I've learned of new love....TRUE love.
The love that is known when you are happily married.
The love that is known when you are the mother to a BEAUTIFUL little girl.
So all in all, the last decade has taught me many lessons
and I've overcome many hardships,
but I have been given so many things to be thankful for.
I can only imagine what the next 10 years will bring.
I know there will be struggles and times of trouble...
but I anticipate all of the memories that have yet to be created...
all of the happiness and love that I have yet to experience.
My resolutions for 2010 are:
- to live a healthier life...eat better, exercise...blah blah blah
- to work harder on growing my business
- to spend more quality time with my family
- to not stress so much over the little struggles that come my way
- to keep in touch with long distance friends
- to start singing again
- to cook more
- to read more
- to not be a door mat for people to walk all over
- to find happiness in simple things
- to move back South (maybe not this year..but someday)
- to LOVE
- to FORGIVE
- to be HAPPY
How are your New Year's Resolutions different
from those you created 10 years ago?
How have you changed?
I wish you all many happy moments in 2010
filled with more LOVE and HAPPINESS
than you know what to do with!!!